General Hotel Information:
Check In: 3PM (15:00)
Check Out: 11AM (11:00)
Pets allowed based on the availability of pet friendly rooms. Up to 2 dogs per room with an 80 pound weight limit. Additional pet types (cats, birds, etc) may be accepted at the hotel’s discretion. Pet rate is $10.00 per day with a $100 per week maximum.
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, Scrambled eggs, Belgian waffles, Breakfast meats, Biscuits and gravy, Bacon, Sausage, Breakfast burritos, Gluten-free items available
- Indoor pool, heated 12 feet deep
Guest Room Amenities:
- Cable or satellite television, flat screen, color, remote control, CNN® or other 24-hour news station
- AM/FM alarm clock
- Coffee/tea maker, complimentary coffee
- Microwave available
- Iron, ironing board
- 0.01 mile(s) from Bass Pro Shops, located next door to the hotel, within walking distance. 1365 South 5th Street, St. Charles, MO 63301 636-688-2500. Hours: Monday through Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- 0.01 mile(s) from Ameristar Casino, located across the street from the hotel. 1 Ameristar Boulevard, St. Charles, MO 63301 636-940-4300
- 1.00 mile(s) from Historic Main Street, early explorers and pioneers made St. Charles their place of choice for shopping in the 19th Century. Today, you can walk those same brick-lined streets, shop in the same buildings, but rather than pelts and barrels of nails, you will find unique specialty items, home accessories, artwork, and many other one-of-a-kind gifts. Enjoy creative cuisine that includes American fare, French, Mexican, Italian, and Spanish influences. When evening falls, take a stroll under the glow of antique gaslights or relax to the soothing sounds of horses' hooves clip-cloping along while snuggling in a horse-drawn carriage. For well over 200 years, visitors to St. Charles have been settling into comfortable accommodations. Our overnight guests have included explorers, pioneers, statesmen, and steamboat captains. As evening descends on our Missouri River village, the essence of history and life in a simpler time envelops you. Come be our guest and make your own memories along Main Street.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in St. Louis, is a 7,000-seat outdoor concert venue, with lawn seating for another 13,000, making it a 20,000 person capacity venue. Opened on June 14, 1991. 14141 Riverport Drive, Maryland Heights, MO 63043 314-298-9944. Hours: Monday through Friday 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Sunday closed
- 4.00 mile(s) from The Family Arena, a multi-purpose arena in St. Charles built in 1999. The arena seats 9,643 for hockey, 9,755 for football, 10,467 for basketball, 6,339 for half-house concerts and up to 11,522 for end-stage concerts. 2002 Arena Parkway, St. Charles, MO 63303 636-896-4200. Hours: Monday through Friday 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Closed on Saturday and Sunday
- 3.00 mile(s) from First Missouri State Capitol State Historic Site in St. Charles, maintained by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources as a state historic site. 200 South Main Street, St Charles, MO 63301 636-940-3322
- 2.00 mile(s) from Foundry Art Centre, a fine arts gallery overlooking the Missouri River at 520 North Main Center, in the Frenchtown district of Historic St. Charles.
636-255-0270. Hours: Tuesday through Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Closed on Monday
- 8.00 mile(s) from Lambert-St. Louis International Airport
- 8.00 mile(s) from MetroLink the closest station is at the airport. It can be reached by taxi cab or car. If travelling by car, property suggests going two miles further to the Hanley Road station which offers free parking.
- 20.00 mile(s) from Amtrak, station can be reached by taxi.
- 18.00 mile(s) from St. Louis, downtown can be reached via taxi or MetroLink rail system.
- 1.00 mile(s) from St. Charles
- 2.00 mile(s) from Lindenwood University, often referred to as Lindenwood or LU, is a private, co-educational, liberal arts university located in St. Charles. 209 South Kingshighway Street, St. Charles MO 63301. Enrollment: 17,351 (2010)
- 10.00 mile(s) from St. Charles Community College, a St. Louis area two-year college in suburban St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC's first fall semester in 1987 had an enrollment of 1,547 students. 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive, Cottleville MO 63376
- 2.00 mile(s) from Vatterott College, in St. Charles offers trade school and college diploma courses for those interested in career focused training programs. 3550 West Clay Street, St. Charles MO 63301, 636-940-4100
- 0.01 mile(s) from The Art Institute of St. Louis, design, media arts, culinary, and fashion programs. 1520 South Fifth Street #107, St. Charles MO 63033, 855-398-9281
- 5.00 mile(s) from Everest® College-St. Louis, campus offers men and women with career training and life skills needed to excel in their chosen field. 3420 Rider Trail South, Earth City MO 63045, 314-739-7333
- 6.00 mile(s) from Sanford-Brown College, helps motivated individuals, just like you, turn their "one day" dreams into day one of the healthcare future they have always wanted. 100 Richmond Center Boulevard, St. Peters MO 63376, 636-696-2300
- 15.00 mile(s) from Logan College of Chiropractic University Programs, a private chiropractic college founded in 1935, is located in Chesterfield, a suburb of St. Louis. 1851 Schoettler Road, Chesterfield MO 63017, 636-227-2100 Enrollment: 997 (2011) Founded: 1935
- From: Eastbound I-70. Take Exit 229A, stay left, turn left at the light onto Bass Pro Drive. The BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel is on the left hand side.
- From: Westbound I-70. Take Exit 229. Turn left at the light onto Fifth Street, go through the next light and keep left, turn left at the light onto Bass Pro Drive. The BEST WESTERN PLUS The Charles Hotel is on the left hand side.
: Map and directions are for information purposes only. While we hope to provide the best mapping information for Best Western hotels, some mapping details may not be as accurate as we would like. Please contact hotel directly to obtain the most current and complete location information and driving directions.
- Denny's, on premises, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, centrally located in St. Charles with easy access off I-70. Walking distance to Bass Pro Shops®. Only blocks from the casino. Meeting room seats 40. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Adjacent to Texas Roadhouse, full service, American, open for: dinner, within walking distance of the hotel. Hours: Monday through Thursday 3:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Friday 3:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Adjacent to Buffalo Wild Wings® Grill, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, within walking distance to the hotel. Hours: Monday through Thursday 11:00 a.m. to midnight, Friday and Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m., Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Magpie's Restaurant, cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located in the historic district, early 1800's building with a lovely outdoor patio. Diverse menu.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Trailhead Brewing Company, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, built on the foundation of one of the original gristmills in St. Charles, Circa 1760. Multi-level restaurant and micro-brewery plus two outdoor patios.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Big A's on the Riverfront, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located in the North Main Historic District. Specialties include: sandwiches, pizza, hamburgers, steak and pasta.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Lewis and Clark's® An American Restaurant and Public House, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, a three-story 1860's building with indoor and outdoor balconies offering a panoramic view of Main Street. Full American menu.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Boeing Defense, Space & Security, formerly known as Boeing Integrated Defense Systems is a unit of the Boeing Company responsible for defense and aerospace products and services. Boeing Integrated Defense Systems was formed in 2002 by combining the former Military Aircraft and Missile Systems and Space and Communications divisions. Boeing Defense, Space & Security makes Boeing the second-largest defense contractor in the world and was responsible for 45 percent of the company's income.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Coca-Cola® Bottling Company, bottler and distributor of Coca-Cola®, Minute Maid®, Powerade®, and Dasani® brand beverages.
- 22.00 mile(s) from SunEdison®, a United States manufacturer of silicon wafers for the semiconductor industry as well as solar wafers and Silvantis Solar PV Modules. Originally established in 1959 as the Monsanto Electronic Materials Company, a business unit of the Monsanto Company, the company is based in St. Peters, Missouri.
- 21.00 mile(s) from LMI Aerospace, Incorporated, a leading provider of structural components, assemblies and kits to the aerospace, defense and technology industries. We fabricate, machine, finish and integrate formed, close tolerance aluminum and specialty alloy components and sheet metal products primarily for large commercial, corporate and military aircraft.
411 Fountain Lake Blvd, St. Charles, MO 63301
- 13.00 mile(s) from Northrop Grumman, a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, both in the products we deliver and in the way we conduct ourselves throughout the entire customer experience.
- 13.00 mile(s) from Sara Lee Corporation, began trading under the HSH ticker symbol on June 29, 2012, following the successful spinoff of its international coffee and tea business. Hillshire Brands Company is a leader in meat-centric food solutions for the retail and food service markets. The company generates nearly $4 billion in annual sales and has approximately 9,500 employees.
- 13.00 mile(s) from Trane®, innovative heating and air conditioning systems. A world leader in providing quality heating and air conditioning services since 1913.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Mid Rivers Mall, conveniently located at I-70 and Mid Rivers Mall Drive in St. Charles County, is the shopping place for St. Peters. See a movie at the Wehrenberg Mid Rivers 14 Cine, dine at Qdoba® Mexican Grill, Max & Erma's, Chili's or at the fabulous food court. Shop the wide variety of specialty stores and department stores including American Eagle Outfitters, Gymboree®, LOFT®, Express®, The Limited and Dick's Sporting Goods®, plus many more.
- 10.00 mile(s) from St. Louis Outlet Mall, 5555 St. Louis Mills Boulevard, Hazelwood MO 63042, 314-227-5900
- 15.00 mile(s) from St. Louis Premium Outlets®, 85 outlet stores where you can discover impressive savings at Ann Taylor®, Georgio Armani®, BCBGMAXAZRIA, Coach, Converse, Crabtree & Evelyn®, Elie Tahari®, J.Crew®, Kate Spade New York, Max Studio, Michael Kors®, Nike, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, St. John, Tommy Hilfiger®, Under Armour® and many more. 18521 Outlet Boulevard, Chesterfield MO 63005. Grand Opening is August 22-25, 2013.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Amish Peddler, specializing in Amish and American made solid wood furniture. 955 South Main Street, St. Charles MO 63301.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Barton Brother Antiques, fine antique furniture, antique furniture refinishing is their specialty. 820 North Second Street, St. Charles MO 63301.
- 1.00 mile(s) from The Bling Boutique LLC, fine jewelry both new and estate, travel clothes, haughty hats and handbags, and ever evolving gifts. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Canine Cookies N Cream Dog Bakery, all natural bakery-quality treats, K-9 cakes, K-9 ice cream, K-9 kandy, all natural dog food and unique gift ideas